Qatar Masters Golf Tournament
The prestigious Qatar Masters is a golf tournament hosted by the Doha golf club since 1998. This is one of three European tour golf tournaments which are staged in Middle East, the others being the Omega Dubai Desert classic and the Abu Dhabi HSBC golf tournament.
The yearly tournament is sponsored by Commercial Bank of Qatar presented by Dolphin Energy and as part of the European Tour it is held at the beginning of each year. Many of the world's top golfer’s battle on Doha Golf Club's exceptional and demanding desert-type Championship Course, from Henrik Stenson and Rory McIlroy to Ernie Els to Jose Maria Olazabal. For the live viewers come from all around the world to watch this key European Tour event, the Qatar Masters experience offers unmatched proximity to world class golf, as fans watch the action literally feet away from the world's best.
The inaugural tournament was held in 1998, when Andrew Coltart of Scotland become the first player to lift the Mother of Pearl Trophy as he finished 18 under par after four days. Commercial Bank Qatar Masters this year boast a strong professional field including some of the top 25 players in the world, with $2.6 million up for grab and also precious ranking points.
Doha Golf Club
The Doha Golf Club is like an oasis of serenity away from the chaos of Doha. The Club is one of the finest grass golf course ever built in the Middle East. Doha Golf Club's challenging all-grass course is well-known for its alluring combination of splendor and intricacy from teeing off at the first, to the final putt on the last. The golf course was designed by Peter Harradine, one of the world's leading golf course architects and it measures 7,374 yards from the tournament tees par 72 championship course.
The Doha Golf Club was designed with eight stunning lakes, 10 000 cacti which were imported from the Arizona desert, several limestone formations and an abundance of rocks, trees, shrubs and wispy grass which were all designed to present a staggering contrast to the desert that surrounds this green golf club. There is a restaurant inside the club. Even the non-golfer can come in and enjoy the food and drinks at the Spike Bar, which is fully licensed. The menu is quite small but the buffet at the week-end is exceptionally good value and very popular. It's a great place to chill out and enjoy a meal and a few drinks in relative tranquility. Seating at the outdoor terrace with a lot of green is particularly popular with most guests.
Visitors don't have to be a member of the club to enjoy its facilities. To chip and putt on the practice green it costs nothing, which is a great way to introduce the young to the game of golf. Championship course, the driving range and academy course offer the full range of golf experience.
There will be six precious days of unrivalled sporting action with a lineup of fantastic players and established champions including Thomas Björn, Paul Lawrie, Adam Scott, Ernie Els, Retief Goosen and Henrik Stenson. With over 20,000 visitors to the Tournament, this is a part of the European Tour's Middle East leg and there is also a three-year extension until 2017 on the Tour’s International Schedule. Several other pro players are expected to compete in the next tournament. The hard to believe length and dominant breeze are two features that help make this tournament such a unique challenge, and the players that have risen to the occasion in the past often have been the game's best players.
How To Go?
Located in West Bay, The Doha Golf Club is 10 km from Doha. For purchasing Tickets no need to go to Doha golf club, it can be purchased online and in person at Virgin Megastore in Villaggio and Landmark malls.
To compliment the world-class golf, The Commercial Bank Qatar Masters offers an amazing spectator experience with family-friendly exhibitions to live music performed by celebrated artists to the carnival atmosphere in the Public Village; the Commercial Bank Qatar Masters has something for everyone.
- Music concerts: the Public Village hosted live concerts featuring international music sensations like Divas of soul and Texas in 2014.
- Tournament radio: There is a dedicated Commercial Bank Qatar Masters on site radio service where Fans attending the tournament can keep up with all the action on 88.3 MHZ. The latest tournament news, player interviews throughout the event and up-to-date commentary will be broadcasted.
- Trick shot show: For family audience, the tournament hosted Mark Reynolds, PGA Professional and holder of the Guinness Book of Records for the Longest Club for a fantastic show at the previous tournament. The World Golf Trick Shot Champion Geoff Swain and the brilliant Kevin Carpenter, teamed up to create a truly memorable and terrific experience in 2014 golf entertainment .
- Community Development: There will be family friendly golf based activities for all the family to enjoy. Last year nearly 200 local school children visited Doha Golf Club and played mini-golf and target golf. There will be fun competitions for the family with special “United through Golf” gift for every participant.
- PRO-AM DAY: Before the start of the tournament, few lucky amateurs will get the chance to spend a day hacking and a night dining alongside some of the world’s best players. This will be followed by the Pro-Am Gala Dinner hosted by Doha Golf Club, the Qatar Golf Association, the Qatar Olympic Committee and Commercial Bank of Qatar at the St. Regis Hotel, Doha.
Address: DOHA GOLF CLUB
Doha - State of Qatar
Tel: (+974) 4496 0777 (Main Switchboard)
Fax: (+974) 4483 4790
Opening Hours: 06:30 -23:00
For bookings and reservations, please visit www.qatar-masters.com.
Share This Page
comments powered by Disqus