Accommodation in Doha Qatar
There are several lodging options available in Doha and in addition to the few luxury hotels one can also choose from several other options available. Some of the hotels are as follows: Sheraton Doha Hotel and Resort, Doha Marriott Gulf Hotel, Ramada, Sofitel, Sealine Beach Resort, Oasis, Shezan, Doha Palace and Regency.
Recent construction ensures that Qatar is well served by first-class hotels. Several 3 star & 4 star hotels are also available which offer reasonable accommodation. To avoid rush advanced booking is advised, and the rates are subject to a 15 per cent service charge. Other than the abundant hotels are a number of car rentals to choose from.
In a few words, 'accommodation' is any establishment or property that provides its services to the general public with the purpose of being used as a dwelling place, i.e. a place providing lodging. Accommodation properties vary according to the range of facilities and the level of service they offer.
Usually, the quality standards of the properties are indicated by "category". Following is a list of the major accommodation categories, which might slightly vary depending on which country or geographical region the property is located:
- Hotel: The principal of all accommodation types, offering a large variety of services and facilities.
- Bed & Breakfast: A private family home with a few rooms, usually provided for a “short-stay accommodation”, with personal attention to each guest; Breakfast is included and other meals may be served on request.
- Guest House: Privately owned, usually un-hosted, whole-house rental. Larger than B&B it may serve meals to guests and general public, or not provide meals at all.
- Hostel: Young people – backpackers and budget travellers, especially prefer this accommodation. Dormitories (rooms with bunk beds) with shared facilities are typical for hostels. Some may provide meals.
- Self-Catering: Properties, apartments or villas, cottages, cabins, lodges, etc., featuring a fully equipped kitchen and all the other amenities, required for meeting basic household needs.
- Resort: Holiday units in an area where people go for recreation, summer or winter leisure activities.
- Boutique Accommodation: An establishment having all the features & facilities of a hotel (usually of a smaller size), unique and luxurious, with high level of service.
- Relais and Chateau Hotel: Typical for France, Italy, and Switzerland. These hotels offer the finest in accommodations and gourmet restaurants, in an exclusive environment.
- Chalet: A summer cottage or country house with a sloping roof in the Swiss mountains.
- Riad (Ryad, Riyad): A traditionally furnished, comfortable guesthouse in Morocco, in specific architectural style.
Share This Page
comments powered by Disqus