The technical seminar shall address the applications of 3D laser scanning technology in construction sector on 14th March 2019 at Oryx Rotana Hotel, Doha.
Oryx Rotana Hotel, Qatar
14 March 2019, 07:00 PM
14 March 2019, 09:30 PM
3D Laser Scanning technology digitally captures the shape of physical objects
using a line of laser light and create “point clouds” of data from the surface of an object. The point cloud is then used generate BIM Model. 3DLaser scanning technology has gained significant importance in recent days in various sectors of engineering.
The seminar shall address application of 3D Laser scan in construction sector
1. Welcome address
2. 3D Laser scan introduction and application
3. Converting 3D Laser scan to BIM Model live demo
4. Using 3D Laser scan to generate as built models – case study
5. Opportunities for young professionals in 3D Laser scan technology
The application of 3D Laser scan includes but not limited to,
1. Robotic Control:e.g.A laser scanner may function as the “eye” of a robot
2. As-built drawings of bridges, industrial plants, and monuments
3, Documentation of historical sites
4. Site modelling and lay outing
5. Quality control
6. Quantity surveys
7. Payload monitoring
8. Freeway redesign
9. Establishing a bench mark of pre-existing shape/state in order to detect structural changes resulting from exposure to extreme loadings such as earthquake, vessel/truck impact or fire.
10. Create GIS (geographic information system) maps and geomatics.
11. Subsurface laser scanning in mines and Karst voids.
12. Freeway redesign
13. Forensic documentation.