Terms Of Use Privacy Statement

QatarEnergy awards $10 bn EPC contract for NFS project

Business Doha 25 May 23
QatarEnergy awards $10 bn EPC contract for NFS project
QatarEnergy awards EPC contract worth $10 billion for North Field South project
Event Location
Qatar, Qatar
Start Time
25 May 2023, 12:00 AM
End Time
30 June 2023, 12:00 AM

Qatar’s state-owned oil and gas company QatarEnergy has awarded the engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract for the North Field South (NFS) project to a joint venture of Technip Energies and Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC).

As disclosed, the EPC contract is worth around $10 billion covers the construction of two mega LNG trains with a capacity of 8 million tons per annum (mtpa) each, with associated facilities for gas treatment, natural gas liquids recovery, as well as helium extraction and refining within Ras Laffan Industrial City.

The contract was signed by Minister of State for Energy Affairs, President and CEO of QatarEnergy, HE Saad Sherida Al Kaabi; President of Technip Energies Arnaud Pieton, and CCC Managing Director Qatar Oussama El Jerbi in the attendance of Chief Executive Officer of Qatargas Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa Al Thani, and senior executives from QatarEnergy, Qatargas, Technip Energies and CCC.

NFS, together with the North Field East (NFE) project, will increase Qatar’s LNG production capacity from the current 77 million tons per annum to 126 million tons per annum, QatarEnergy highlighted in the statement. The company holds a 75 percent stake in the NFS project and has signed partnership agreements with TotalEnergies, Shell, and ConocoPhillips for the remaining 25 percent, it pointed out.

It also includes a 'jetty boil-off gas' recovery system, which will help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The project will also conserve five million cubic metres of water per year by recovering 75% of the plant's tertiary water. Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) emissions will also be minimized through the application of enhanced Dry Low NOx technology.

Commenting on the award of the EPC contract, Al Kaabi said, “QatarEnergy is proud to announce yet another significant milestone in the worlds largest LNG project, reinforcing our commitment to meeting the global demand for Natural Gas."

He added, “The NFS project is a unique development that minimizes its environmental footprint by design. It includes one of the largest CO2 capture and sequestration facilities and constitutes an important step towards achieving QatarEnergys target of more than 11 MTPA of CO2 capture and sequestration by 2035."

The announcement was made during a ceremony held to mark the award of the EPC contract for the two LNG trains and associated facilities with a joint venture of Technip Energies and Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC).

Al Kaabi thanked the management and working teams of QatarEnergy and Qatargas for their sincere and dedicated efforts in implementing the North Field expansion projects.

He also extended his thanks and appreciation to the management and staff of Technip Energies and CCC for their contributions and voiced warm gratitude to His Highness the Amir of State of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani for His Highness' invaluable guidance and unwavering support to QatarEnergy and Qatar’s energy sector.

QatarEnergy EPC contract NFS

Top Doha Sightseeing Tickets and Passes

Spend Less. Experience More.

Top Sightseeing Tickets & Passes in Doha Qatar

Related Events