Qatar Education Ministry approves calendar for next four academic years.
28 January 2023, 12:00 AM
28 February 2023, 12:00 AM
Minister of Education and Higher Education Buthaina bint Ali Al Jabr Al Nuaimi on Wednesday issued a ministerial decision approving the school calendar for the upcoming four academic years.
This came about as a result of the Ministry of Education and Higher Education's keen interest and adherence to Qatar National Vision 2030, particularly the pillar of human development through the development of Qatar's population.
The school calendar was adaptable enough to allow for adjustments that are consistent with demands, advancements, and learning standards in terms of the allocated time amount of time for schooling.The Ministry seizes the opportunity to express its concern for the interests of students and the effectiveness of the educational process in order to accomplish the tasks assigned to it.
The following has been considered in the annual calendar for the next four years:
- Provide teachers and students the proper amount of vacation time.
- Balance in school days in line with international standards and global education systems.
- Investing in the first week of the first semester of every academic year by designating three-day
for the purpose of staff training and professional development.
- Scheduling the second-round exams for the start of the school year rather than during the
- Allocating the first day (Sunday) of the second semester's start of work (following the mid-year
break) for employee training and professional development, provided that students begin school
- The second semester's midterm vacation will be canceled and replaced by the first semester's
midterm vacation (one week in October), after the midterm exams to give students and teachers
time to rest. As the second semester includes many official holidays, including Al-Fitr and Eid Al-
Qatar Education ministry news