The latest tweet by the Embassy of India, Doha, says that the Qatar-India flights have been extended till 31st October 2020, or until the scheduled services resume between the two nations, whichever is earlier.
According to the arrangement, both Qatari and Indian carriers will be allowed to operate flights between India and Qatar, and they can transport the following category of passengers in their flights.
- Qatari nationals stranded in India can fly back to Qatar.
- Indian nationals stranded in Qatar can fly back to India.
- All Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) cardholders with Qatari passports
- Qatari nationals (including diplomats) holding a valid visa issued by an Indian mission in any category covered under the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) guidelines dated 30th June 2020.
- Any Indian national holding any valid Qatari visa with Qatar as their destination. The concerned airlines should ensure that there is no travel restriction for Indian nationals to enter Qatar with particular visa category before the issue of ticket/boarding pass to the Indian passenger.
The concerned airlines from Qatar and India are allowed to sell tickets between Qatar and India through their websites, or sales agents and through Global Distribution Systems (GDS).
The Embassy of India in Doha, in its statement on 14th August 2020 had stated that both India and Qatar have reached an agreement to facilitate travel between the two nations from 18th August to 31st August 2020.
Note: Before booking a ticket in the flight operated in the above-said arrangement, the passenger should ensure that they are allowed entry into the destination country.