Qatar has announced its decision to gradually begin lifting coronavirus-related measures in four phases, with first phase starting on 28th May, and the fourth phase will be on 30th July, a health ministry statement said.
The duration of each phase will be at least 3 weeks with constant assessment of national indicators, which will determine moving from one phase to another.
The first phase will permit meeting of maximum of five vaccinated people indoors, re-opening of mosques for daily and mass prayers, but with certain restrictions.
As part of the highlights of Phase 1 of the planned easing of Covid-19 restrictions in Qatar, the schools would be resumed at 30 percent capacity, public transport will begin operations during weekends, dine-in at restaurants would be permitted, and driving schools, barber shops, swimming pools, libraries and museums are among those that are likely to be opened.
The lifting of restrictions would be particularly with allowances for fully vaccinated people.
The details of the four-phase plan are based on a set of major performance indicators. The details were shared at a press conference that has been jointly organized by the Ministry of Public Health, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
The Phase one will begin on 28th May, Phase 2 on 18th June, Phase 3 on 9th July and Phase 4 on 30th July.
The MoPH has urged the public to play their role in moving us towards normality – Wearing of mask, keeping physical distance of 1.5m from others, and taking the Covid-19 vaccine when it is your turn to do so.
The details of Phase 1 sector-wise include:
- Blended learning in schools at 30 percent capacity.
- Allow 1:5 sessions in special needs centres, and allowing all instructors to be vaccinated.
- Training centres can operate at 30 percent capacity, all trainers to be vaccinated.
- Re-opening of nurseries and childcare centre at 30 percent capacity. All staff members need to be vaccinated.
- Social gatherings for vaccinated people with upto 10 people outdoors and five people if indoors. Unvaccinated people are only allowed outdoor gathering with maximum of five people.
- Daily and Friday prayers allowed in Mosques, but no children under 12 years allowed. Closure of toilets and ablution areas.
- Wedding parties not allowed until Phase 2 with certain restrictions on venues and capacity.
- Groups of five people from same household allowed to gather in parks, beaches and Corniche, but capacity in private beaches limited to 30 percent.
- Sports training allowed only for vaccinated people with capacity of 10 outdoors and 5 indoors.
- Select professional sport events may be allowed with vaccinated capacity of 30 percent outdoors only.
- Public transport allowed at 30 percent capacity including Fridays and Saturdays.
- Workplace maintained at 50 percent capacity, with business meetings limited to 15 vaccinated people.
- Shopping malls allowed at 30 percent capacity, with closure of food courts. Children below 12 years will not be permitted.
- Outdoor dining at 30 percent capacity for restaurants, and for indoor dining at 30 percent (only vaccinated clients allowed).
- Souqs can operate at 30 percent capacity including Fridays and Saturdays, but children not allowed.