The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) in Qatar said that people coming in from green-listed countries, and certain groups of people from countries that are not on green list will be exempted from hotel quarantine in Qatar.
However, this rule is not applicable to travellers coming from India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and the Philippines.
People who are fully vaccinated are exempted from both home and hotel quarantine, provided, they have taken an MoPH-approved vaccine from Qatar or abroad.
Nationals and residents who have recovered from previous infection in the past nine months are also exempted. But this is applicable only to individuals who were infected in Qatar.
Unvaccinated nationals and residents travelling from Green listed countries should be under home quarantine for 7 days, for which, they should sign a Home Quarantine Undertaking.
The following groups of nationals and residents returning to Qatar from countries not included in the Green List are exempted from hotel quarantine, and will be subject to home quarantine (this is not applicable for six Asian countries mentioned above).
- Unvaccinated children under age of 18 will be home quarantined for 7 days, irrespective of whether they are returning from travel alone or with their parents, provided, both parents are vaccinated.
- Vaccinated individuals who received their second dose of vaccination in Qatar, but have not completed the specified period of 14 days from the date of second dose are home quarantined for 7 days or until they complete the 14days duration after the second dose whichever is shorter.
- Seniors aged 75 and above, who are not vaccinated, are home quarantined with one escort from the same household.
- Pregnant women returning to the country with their vaccinated husbands or a vaccinated relative from the same household.
- Lactating mothers and their infants aged 2 years or below returning to the country with their vaccinated husbands or vaccinated relative from the same household.
- Unvaccinated patients who had gone abroad for treatment purpose at the expense of the State with one escort from the same household. This will be applicable after assessing the patient’s health condition by MoPH.
All the above-mentioned groups should sign an undertaking that they agree with the home quarantine measures. But, for those aged below 18, their parents or guardian should sign the undertaking affirming their children’s compliance with home quarantine regulations.