The Interior Ministry has announced extension of validity of Hayya Card for fans and organizers, wherein the holders from outside the country will be allowed entry into Qatar until 24th January 2024.
The Ministry has further emphasized on meeting the following conditions:
- Proof of approval of confirmed hotel reservation / accommodation with family/friends through Hayya portal.
- A passport with validity of no less than three months upon arrival in the State of Qatar.
- Health insurance for the period of stay in the county.
- A return ticket.
Based on the extension, all Hayya Card holders visiting Qatar will have access to the following:
The ‘Hayya with Me’ feature allows Hayya Card holders to invite upto three family members or friends.
- A multiple-entry permit to the state.
- Use of e-gate system for entry and exit through State ports
- Fees are not required.
The Ministry also stated that the above conditions is applicable to holders of all Hayya Card types used during the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.
The announcement from the Ministry comes after most Hayya Card holders left the country, as the initial validity was until 23rd January 2023.
The latest announcement allows Hayya Card holders (fans and organizers) from outside Qatar to enter the country if conditions are met.
The necessary conditions include health insurance following Public Health ministry announcement on implementation of first phase of the mandatory health insurance scheme in Qatar, which will begin on 1st Feb 2023, wherein all visitors to Qatar will have to have a health insurance policy.